We don’t always get along but this bike is a beast. It climbs like a goat, descents like the devil and wanders like a drunk.
Latest ventures with the Ibis Ripmo
- Broke a spoke had to cruise on back homeIt’s been a while but the Ripmo incurred a minor injury at the beginning of the climb on our second loop at the top. With a very loud clang a rear spoke gave up on life. Luckily we were climbing and able to stop quickly preventing the broken spoke from lodging against the disc brake or into the frame. I wrapped the dangling offender around
- Slipping it in to slip in the dirtFallen leafs and wet rocks make for a surprisingly slippery trail. The colors have hit the ground but are still beautiful. They make for a slippery experience with the hidden rocks kicking the Ripmo and I around the trail. The Ripmo got very irritated and started kicking tiny boulders throwing me around a bit resulting in some choice words. The ride – Providence Canyon The
- These days are the best daysIt doesn’t get better than these colors and these temperatures. Fall doesn’t last long enough. The ride – Providence Canyon The bike – Ibis Ripmo
- Guys night outShort but fun and colorful ride with the boys. The ride – Logan River Trail The bike – Ibis Ripmo
- Vermillion and GoldIt’s hard to get off the bike when the scenery is this: The ride – Providence Canyon The bike – Ibis Ripmo
- Golden paths in shadows and sunAutumn is not long enough. The skies of color have become carpets of color as the trees prepare for winter. The ride – Providence Canyon The bike – Ibis Ripmo
- Riding the Red CarpetI’ll let the photos speak: The ride – Providence Canyon The bike – Ibis Ripmo
- Fall MTB FestivalIt’s been a while since I’ve ridden with my boys. They had the day off school and we spent it the best way we could spend it – with everyone else in the mountains. They are getting stronger and faster. It’s fun to ride together. The ride – Green Canyon The bike – Ibis Ripmo
- I couldn’t just leafThe Fall colors are in full bloom so I rode Providence twice. The ride – Providence Canyon The bike – Ibis Ripmo
- Leafs so nice I rode it twiceThere’s a giant downed log on the top loop that keeps hitting me in the head. The concussions inspired me to apply the mileage to two rounds in the trail to drink in the full colors of Autumn. The Ripmo and I met people, chatted, chewed up some dirt and marbles and then we dropped some psi and found grip where previously there was none.
- So Many ColorsThe Jardine Juniper called to me in a dream. The Ripmo heard it too. Perfect temperatures and deep blue skies justified the timing. An explosion of Autumn colors across the mountains left me as breathless as the climb. The loose rubble kept the Ripmo busy chewing and spitting, flinging rocks and picking up the occasional pine cone. We both had a great time. The ride
- Colorful DistractionWe took a Sunday drive up Providence Canyon and destroyed a tire resulting in chaos and driving a spare where a spare should never be driven. Today the Ripmo and I sought revenge but Autumn is just to pretty in these mountains and we ended up shooting a bunch of photos instead. The ride – Providence Canyon The bike – Ibis Ripmo