Providence Canyon is the closest trail to my house so I ride it all the time. Luckily for me it is also one of my favorite trails of all time. The trails gnomes have don’t an amazing job building a really fun trail. They also spend a ton of time maintaining it.
I ride a few miles of asphalt from my house to get to the trail. When I first started I would drive to the trailhead. Then realized that was stupid. A bike is a great form of transportation. Why put it in a truck and drive when you can cover the same distance in not much more time. Also, there isn’t a ton of parking and on busy days the parking lot can be full. By riding I can ensure I don’t waste time looking for a spot.
I do ride the trail year round. Here’s what it looks like.
- Cold FeetTwo loops means more creek crossings. couldn’t feel my toes when I got home. The ride – Providence Canyon The bike – Ibis Ripmo
- Wet and WildAll the dry channels are running full right now with the heavy Spring runoff. The skies are blue and the temperature is perfect for mountain biking. The ride – Providence Canyon The bike – Ibis Ripmo
- You will get wetThis ride contains bumps, stops and sudden drops. You will get wet. Also, watch that last bit to avoid being clotheslined. The ride – Providence Canyon The bike – Ibis Ripmo
- Every put bike shorts on backwards? Ya, me either. #ackwardmomentsincyclingAs I prepared to ride there was something clearly wrong with my situation. Someday you too will be old. I thought mountain biking would be a chance to rest and take a break. The trail would probably still have snow and I wouldn’t go that far. I was wrong about the shorts and about the trail. The snow was gone, the day was beautiful and
Continue readingEvery put bike shorts on backwards? Ya, me either. #ackwardmomentsincycling
- Wow, so wowA perfect day on a perfectly groomed trail. The ride – Providence Canyon The bike – Salsa Beargrease
- By the good graces of the groomers Providence is perfectHaving neglected the great outdoors right outside my door for the past month I could no longer continue in my wayward course and ignore the Beargrease. We spent and afternoon playing in perfectly groomed snow thanks to the volunteer groomers who leave waffles for us all to enjoy. The timing was perfect as a new storm dumped another foot of sugary, white powder on us
Continue readingBy the good graces of the groomers Providence is perfect
- Very SnowyWe’ve had a couple of days of interesting snow where it instead of dumping all at once there has been a constant stream of snow flakes from the sky. It’s been building up and in the mountains the ground is white, the trees are white and the sky is white. It’s beautiful and a bit disorienting all at the same time. The ride – Providence
- Derailleur battery dead. Going single speed.The trails don’t get any better than today. The grooming gods have been hard at work so the rest of us can play hard. The ride – Providence Canyon The bike – Salsa Beargrease
- Bobsled RunProvidence doesn’t get any better than this morning. The Beargrease loved the smooth, white highway on the climb and giggled on the bobsled run down. We were both very cold. The ride – Providence Canyon The bike – Salsa Beargrease
- God bless the groomers every oneThe trail was challenging but ridable all the way to the top. The ride – Providence Canyon The bike – Salsa Beargrease
- Sticking to the RoadOK, so staying on the road is probably more accurate. I can say as I really stuck to anything. We received 5″ inches of snow in the valley and probably around 11″ in the mountains last night. The trail was impassible and needed to be left alone for the groomers to work their magic so I followed jeep tracks and snowmobile trails up the road
- Rollin Fat and ColdI have to leave the house every now and then or my brain will explode. The past couple of days of storms blanketed Providence Canyon in white. A few riders had made it up the first section. I was alone in the climb to the top and ended up on the road to finish. The descent was in fairly deep unpacked snow. There’s something about